How and where to pick up tickets
Here we will explain how and where to pick up your tickets.
Tickets can be picked up at JR Central, JR West and JR Kyushu stations and also some stations of JR East.
Please make sure to pick up your tickets before boarding.
Receiving period of ticket by ticket vending machine is after 7 days before the boaring date.
(You can pick up ticket one month before the boarding date at ticket counters of JR Central, JR West and JR Kyushu.)
The screen shots below are examples for reference.
How to pick up tickets
What you will need to pick up tickets
You will need the pickup code and the login password (4-8 alphanumeric characters) to pick up your tickets. The pickup code is "QR code" or "16 digits" that is necessary for picking up tickets at the ticket vending machines in main JR Central, JR West or JR Kyushu stations.
Also, you can pick up your ticket at the ticket vending machines of JR East stations within Tokyo ward area, Yokohama city zone, Kawasaki station, Odawara station and Atami station.
- In some cases, station staff will check your credit card for payment for confirmation on the Membership Qualification.
If you do not have the credit card, you many not be able to pick up tickets.
- "QR code" is a registered trademark of DENSO WAVE Incorporated.
- If you do not have the pickup code, please purchase normal fare ticket (with no discounts) at a station.
Ticket pick up process
Look for ticket vending machine etc. with in Tokaido Sanyo Kyushu Shinkansen stations.
Prepare "pickup code" and login password (4-8 alphanumeric characters).
Pick up tickets according to the guidance displayed on the screen.
Hand the tickets over to your companions.
- Tickets can be also picked up at the ticket counters in main JR Central, JR West and JR Kyushu stations (including the counters at Shinkansen transfer entrance). Also, you can pick up your ticket at the ticket vending machines of JR East stations within Tokyo ward area, Yokohama city zone, Kawasaki station, Odawara station and Atami station. Note that it cannot be picked up at other JR ticket counters or ticket vending machine..
Picking up tickets at ticket vending machines etc.
- When picking up tickets from ticket vending machine etc., scan your "pickup code (QR code)" with QR code reader. When "pickup code (QR code)" cannot be read, enter the "pickup code (16 digits)".
- You must have "pickup code (16 digits)" to pick up your tickets at the ticket counters in main JR Central, JR West and JR Kyushu stations. Tickets cannot be picked up with "pickup code (QR code)".
- Up to 4 reservations can be picked up from the ticket vending machines.
Select "Pick up tickets".
Select "By pick-up code".
Scan your "pick up code (QR code)".
- See "Ref. Entering pickup code" when picking up tickets with "pickup code (16 digits)".
Enter login password (4-8 alphanumberic numbers) and tap "Confirm".
Select the reservations that you would like to pick up.
Key Points! How to confirm which tickets to pick up
- Login and go to "My Trips" from the menu.
- "Reservation number" is displayed in the top left.
- Select the "Reservation number" for the ticket you want to pick up.
Once you have confirmed the details, tap the "Print" button.
Ref. Entering pickup code
- Select "Enter pick-up code".
- Enter the pickup code and tap "Confirm".
Points to note regarding pick up
- Confirm the important notices for the "pickup code" from here.
- Any changes and cancellations to the reservation should be made by the member himself/herself before the tickets are picked up.
- If you are unable to pick up tickets before the scheduled deprture of your reserved train, you can still pick them up if it is during the operation hours of your boarding date.
Non-reserved seat can be used on the day (excluding fares like Hayatoku where you are not allowed to travel on any train other than the one reserved).
You may not be able to pick up tickets at the "ticket vending machine" and "ticket pick up machine" on the day of membership registration.
If you cannot pick up your ticket(s), please ask the station staff at JR Central, JR West or JR Kyushu ticket window, located in major stations of Tokaido Sanyo Kyushu Shinkansen.
- We will remind you by sending an email with reservation details before the train departure.
- Once the tickets have been picked up, cancellation is handled at the ticket counters in JR Central, JR West or JR Kyushu stations. You will need the credit card used for the reservation to get a refund. (The "pickup code" cannnot be used for cancellation.)
- Even if you reserved your seat through "Pre-sale Reservation Request", you can only pick up your tickets from 10:00 am on the date tickets go on sale (1 month before the departure date).
A "Sales Slip and Receipt" will be issued when tickets are picked up. If you need a receipt with a name and address written, please ask the station staff in ticket counter at JR Central, JR West and some of JR East stations.
- Please keep the "Sales Slip and Receipt" safe until your credit card statement arrives. It will be needed when changing or canceling tickets that are already picked up.
- Some cards will be in a different format.
Where to pick up tickets
Pick up locations at each Shinkansen station