Boarding with Tickets
Pick up "tickets" purchased or reserved via this service from a ticket vending machine prior to boarding the Shinkansen.
Ticketless boarding is available if a member registered his/her IC card to this service.
How to pick up "tickets"
"Tickets" reserved using this service can be picked up from ticket vending machines and ticket pick-up machines with logo at Tokaido Sanyo Shinkansen stations or from ticket counters at major JR Central and JR West stations.
When transferring form a conventional line, pick up your "ticket" at the Shinkansen transfer entrance prior to boarding.
Click here for how to pick up tickets
When boarding directly from a Shinkansen station
When boarding directly from a Shinkansen sation, pick up your "tickets" and insert the "tickets" into the Shinkansen ticket gate.
Entering from a conventional line
When entering a conventional line ticket gate, such as Tokyo Station's Marunouchi entrance, to pass through the conventional line concourse, touch your IC card to a conventional line ticket gate. Then, pick up your "tickets" from a ticket vending machine near the Shinkansen transfer entrance.
- If you do not have an IC card, you cannot pass through the conventinal line concourse.
Pick up your "tickets"from a ticket vending machine, etc. and use Shinkansen ticket gate for boarding.
(When using Tokyo Station, please pick up your "tickets" from a JR Central ticket vending machine, etc. on the Yaesu side of the station.)
- No fare will be deducted from your IC card when using it only to pass through the conventional line concourse.
However, the following IC card balance is required to pass through the conventional line concourse.
- Suica area (stations between Tokyo and Atami): at least the minimum boarding fare
- TOICA area (stations between Mishima and Nagoya): no balance required
- ICOCA area (stations between Maibara and Hiroshima/Asa): at least 1 Yen
- SUGOCA area (Kokura/Hakata stations): at least 10 Yen
When transferring between Shinkansen and conventional lines
Using IC card for conventional lines
Pick up your "tickets" from a ticket vending machine at the Shinkansen transfer entrance. First insert your "ticket" into the Shinkansen ticket gate, then touch your registered IC card.
- The fare for the conventional line will be deducted from the balance on your IC card.
Using tickets for conventional lines
Pick up your "tickets" from a ticket vending machine at the Shinkansen transfer entrance.
- The conventional line ticket must be valid to Shinkansen boarding station. If there are insufficient or excessive tickets, automatic ticket gates at Shinkansen boarding stations cannot be used.
- If you are transferring to a conventional line and do not have your tickets for it, purchase a ticket from fare adjustment machine, or the ticket counter after exiting the Shinkansen ticket gate.
- Conventional line trains
- IC card
- When using tickets with an IC card, insert the ticket before touching your IC card to the Shinkansen ticket gate.
- In some cases, your IC card may not respond if there is several IC card or card with an IC chip, such as IC license, is in your card wallet.