Pre-sale Reservation Service
You can make a request for reservation up to 7 days prior to the date tickets go on sale (1 month before the departure date).
The details in the screenshots below ( such as boarding date, train name, departure/arrival time, etc.) are examples for reference.
Pre-sale Reservation Service is no longer available.
Request Period / Result
From 7 days prior to the date tickets go on sale (startig at 5:30 am) to 7:30 am on the date tickets go on sale.
Cancellation must be made no later than 8:00 am on the date tickets go on sale. Once a reservation is finalized, you will be charged a handling fee.
|Result of the Request||
Requests will be processed in order after 8:00 am on the date tickets go on sale. The result is emailed to your registered email address(es) within the same day.
Requests do NOT guarantee you a seat on the train. We may not be able to offer a seat due to the train being fully occupied, etc.
- You may make up to two choices per request.
- Only fares that are available for both first and second choices can be selected. You may not choose fares for different facilities.
- If you wish to make a second choice, you can select from a train displayed on the same screen in which you selected your first choice.
- Requests for round-trip discount fares may be made only if the outbound and return trips are on the same day. If you wish to reserve a return trip on a different date, make a reservation for a non-reserved seat on the same departure date as the outbound trip and change the reservation for the return trip after the date tickets for the return trip go on sale.
- The results of your request are sent by email for both the first and second choices.
- Pre-sale reservation requests do NOT guarantee you a seat on the train. We will send you Result of the Request in order from 8:00 am on the date tickets go on sale.
- The use of the seat map is not available. See here for more details about selecting seats for two or more passengers.
- We do not send request confirmation emails. The details of your requests can be confirmed from "My Trips" on the menu.
- If you wish to change the details of your request, you must first cancel your request and then make a new one.
- Reservation based on requests are charged to your credit card registered at the time of the requests, even if you change the credit card afterwards.
- Once a reservation is finalized, you will be charged a handling fee to cancel your reservation. See here for details about the handling fee.
- Pre-sale reservation requests may be restricted if the number of requests we receive exceeds a certain number, or for other reasons.
How to Make Request
Select a date on which a pre-sale request can be made, specify the route, etc. and press "Continue".
- Dates available for pre-sale requests are marked [Pre-sale].
Confirm the guidance message and tap "Contine".
Select your first and second choices of your preferred trains and tap "Select".
- The second choice can only be selected from the trains displayed on the same screen in which you selected your first choice.
Please note that the first choice will not be retained if you press "Earlier/Later trains". You will need to make your first choice again.
Check your desired fares/facilities and press "Continue".
- Only fares that are available for both first and second choices can be selected. The price will not be displayed when you have selected a second choice.
- Seat availability will not be displayed and the seat map is not available. See here for more details about selecting seats for two or more passengers.
Check "I Agree" button after confirming the details and tap "Make a pre-sale request".